What is your comfort food? Can you guess what the number one answer was when I asked my teachers and educational assistants at my last In-service training? Yep, you got it-CHOCOLATE! They also put mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, New York style cheesecake, bread, and chips. Chocolate pudding (the cooked variety, not the whimpy instant stuff) is mine. What is yours?
Now for a Starbucks good cup of Chai Tea try this:
Get a Bodum French press and a quality loose leaf chai tea ( I like the spiced black kind from Tazo)
You will also need cream or milk and honey
For one or two cups:
Place 1-2 teaspoons of chai tea in bottom of Bodum
Fill with boiling water
Place cover and press over the top (do not press down)
Let steep for 5 minutes
Push press to the bottom
Pour into a cup with desired amount of milk or cream (it takes about 1/4 cup) and heaping tablespoon of honey.
If you want a perfect cup heat the milk before adding ( I know this sounds like a lot of work, but it is worth it because if you work with the amounts, it is better than Starbucks!
Ah a comfort drink perfect for that relaxing time when you just need a break! Enjoy!
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I've personally tried it and it's delicious!! REALLY try it!
ReplyDeleteOoh- my comfort foods would have to be meatloaf or sage stuffing.
ReplyDeleteQuestion - is there a reason I would need a Bodum French Press? I don't want to go to all that work with the French Press we've got and have it not turn out because it needed to be a Bodum French Press. :)
It does sound SO yummy - today is the perfect day, too, since it's drizzly and overcast outside. :)
Any French Press will do, we just happened to be served teas and coffees everywhere we went in Australia in a Bodum so learned to like them. They certainly make a great cup and are easy to use. Let me know if you try it and what you think.
ReplyDelete