Friday, May 22, 2009

School is Out!

Did you hear the hoop and holler of all the teachers as they did their final check out before heading off to a well deserved summer break? I did. The hallways are now very quiet, rooms are bare, and the cleaning and preparation work begins.
Do you know what my number one thought is every morning as I head to work during the school year, I pray for the safety of each and every student in my care and the safety of each and every staff member. Safety instead of learning, that is the world we live in. When I think of summer, the safety of each one is not on my shoulders for a few short months. I love my job but today I was relieved, another year has gone by and no one was seriously hurt on my watch. A grateful day, one in which I thank the Lord, like so many others.
Listen carefully and you will hear me whoop and holler in a few weeks too, I think I hear Ireland calling my name. Do ye hear it lads and lassies?

1 comment:

  1. Lol, Ireland is getting so close!! I can't wait for you to post pictures from Ireland on here!! hint hint. That's funny I never thought bout the safety over learning, interesting. Tell Zeb Sara and the kiddos hi for me!

    ReplyDelete